Lucas O. Harsh is a seasoned trial attorney with approximately 10 years experience in handling criminal and domestic matters.
• He has successfully tried a number of cases resulting in juries returning not guilty verdicts in favor of his clients.
• In addition, he have had a large number of cases dismissed prior to trial (either by being dismissed for want of prosecution or nolle prosequi), and cases dismissed before a formal accusation indictment has been issued (administrative dismissal).
• During his career, Lucas O. Harsh has had a number of felony cases reduced to misdemeanors.
• Lucas O. Harsh has successfully litigated motions to exclude illegally obtained evidence resulting in either dismissals of charges altogether or reductions in charges.
• Lucas Harsh has handled a number of appeals including having the Court of Appeals of Georgia reversed the trial court’s ruling that the client’s traffic stop was justified by the police. As the Court of Appeals of Georgia ruled the traffic stop was unlawful, when the case was returned to the trial court, certain evidence against the driver had to be excluded from trial.
• Lucas Harsh has handled successful jury trials in civil cases as well including a claim for Malicious Prosecution. In this case, the jury awarded Lucas Harsh’s client damages, and the case was notable enough to be written up by the Georgia Trial Reporter (Vol 17, Issue 7).
Each case is unique based on the facts and circumstances of that particular matter, and the results of cases in the past does not mean any other case will have the same outcome. Lucas O. Harsh cannot guarantee any outcome in any case but will work zealously to represent each and every client to the full extent allowed by law given the facts and circumstances of each particular case.